Note: this is a brain dump and its contents may be moved to a more appropriate location eventually.
At the moment it just lists the legacy structure and none of the intended new structure.
The following documents the current URLs in the legacy PyPI application.
|/||Redirect to /pypi|
|/pypi||Legacy PyPI application. See below.|
|/daytime||Legacy mirroring support|
|/security||Page giving contact and other information regarding site security|
|/simple||Simple API as given in Legacy API|
|/packages||Serve up a package file|
|/mirrors||Page listing legacy mirrors (not to be retained)|
|/serversig||Legacy mirroring support (no-one uses it: not to be retained)|
|/raw-packages||nginx implementation specific hackery (entirely internal; not to be retained)|
|/stats||Web stats. Whatever. Probably dead.|
|/local-stats||Package download stats. All the legacy mirrors have this.|
|/static||Static files (CSS, images) in support of the web interface.|
The legacy application has a bunch of different behaviours:
- With no additional path, parameter or content-type information the app renders a “front page” for the site. TODO: keep this behaviour or redirect?
- With a content-type of “text/xml” the app runs in an XML-RPC server mode.
- With certain path information the app will render project information.
- With an :action parameter the app will take certain actions and/or display certain information.
The :action parameters are typically submitted through GET URL parameters, though some actions are also POST actions.
- could be nuked without fuss
- display was used to display a package version but was replaced ages ago by the /<package>/<version> URL structure
- all the user-based stuff like register_form, user, user_form, forgotten_password_form, login, logout, forgotten_password, password_reset, pw_reset and pw_reset_change will most likely be replaced by newer mechanisms in warehouse
- openid_endpoint, openid_decide_post could also be replaced by something else.
- home is the old home page thing and completely unnecessary
- index is overwhelming given the number of projects now.
- browse and search are probably only referenced by internal links so should be safe to nuke
- submit_pkg_info and display_pkginfo probably aren’t used
- submit_form and pkg_edit will be changing anyway
- files, urls, role, role_form are old style and will be changing
- list_classifiers .. this might actually only be used by Richard :)
- claim, openid, openid_return, dropid are legacy openid login support and will be changing
- clear_auth “clears” Basic Auth
- addkey, delkey will be changing if we even keep supporting ssh submit
- verify probably isn’t actually used by anyone
- lasthour is a pubsubhubbub thing - does this even exist any longer?
- json is never used as a :action invocation, only ever /<package>/json
- gae_file I’m pretty sure this is not necessary
- rss_regen manually regens the RSS cached files, not needed
- about No longer needed.
- delete_user No longer needed.
- exception No longer needed.
- will need to retain
- rss and packages_rss will be in a bunch of peoples` RSS readers
- doap is most likely referred to
- show_md5 ?
- can be deprecated carefully
- submit, upload, doc_upload, file_upload,